Friday, August 15, 2014

Why We Didn't Change Our Adopted Child's Name

"I think this can apply to all of our internationally adopted kids. We kept the names of our children incorporated into their full names. Great article and thank you Erin!"

Source: http://www.nobohnsaboutit.com/2014/08/why-we-didnt-change-our-adopted-childs-name

By Erin

valentine Whether to change an adopted child’s name is always a hot topic for adopters and adoptees. Some people are passionately for it, others passionately against it, and most somewhere in the middle. Over the years we have received many comments about our daughter’s name. Questions on how to pronounce her name… questions on how to spell her name… and before her adoption, questions on if we were going to change her name.

At this point I can’t imagine ever considering anything else. She IS Nariya. It suits her. But there was a point in the very beginning that we considered changing it.

I almost hate to say this now, but it’s the truth so here it is: I considered changing my daughter’s name because I was worried it sounded too black.

Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment