Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Seed Money for Maria

martiniadoptionroad.blogspot.com | Nov 6, 2012

As some of you may remember, I have advocated for a little girl named Maria several times.  Maria is 8 years old and described by those who know her as a kind and inquisitive child.  She gladly completes her school work and already fluently speaks two languages, one of them English.

Maria has spina bifida and is wheelchair-bound.  She also receives care for chronic UT conditions.

Maria has been living in a small, private orphanage in Eastern Europe which is run more like a home than an institution.  She has seen two of her best friends adopted in recent years and wishes for a family of her own.

This fundraiser is intended to collect seed money for an agency grant for Maria.  This grant will be given to the family who registers with Maria for adoption after meeting her in her hometown to assist with adoption fees.  If no family commits to this lovely girl, the grant money will eventually be used to further Maria's education in her country.

Now how do I hope to raise some seed money?  By selling seeds, of course.  I have been tending a small, suburban organic garden for over a decade.  I always buy my seeds from certified organic suppliers, but over the years have also learned to harvest my own seeds for the next year.  This year I collected a lot seeds which I would like to share with those of you who love to grow vegetables and herbs or are looking for a stocking stuffer for gardening friends.

Continue reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment