Building Bonds of Attachment: Practical, Expert AdviceTuesday, March 12, 2013 - 7:00PM-8:00PM Central Time - Q&A: 8:00PM
Join us for a webinar with Deborah Gray, an adoption therapist specializing in attachment, grief and trauma issues in children. Deborah will provide practical steps that move parents toward secure attachments with their child.
- Recognize behaviors that are common in adopted children who have experienced trauma
- Learn bonding activities that result in healthy relationships in the short term and throughout childhood
- Maintain relationships with children already in the home
Last Chance To Register! Expectations vs.Realities: Parenting an adopted child with special needsThursday, January 17, 2013 - 7:00PM - 8:00PM Central Time - Q&A: 8:00PM
Is your child emotionally acting much younger than their age? Have special needs you weren't expecting? Behaviors that resemble ADHD?
You are not alone. These challenges are common for post- institutionalized children. Finding help, however, can be difficult.
Join us for a webinar featuring Martha Osborne, adopted person, adoptive mom and founder of the largest special needs adoption advocacy website, RainbowKids.com. Martha will lead an "in the trenches" discussion on how parents can get connected and supported.
- Learn how to build a plan to manage undiagnosed special needs
- Consider new, outside the box suggestions on how to address unexpected cognitive and emotional delays