Sunday, November 30, 2014

Six Things My Adoptive Parents Did Right

Source: http://www.today.com/parents/6-things-my-adoptive-parents-did-right-1D80311473

By Lisa Cleary

1D274907294459-today-adopt-141120-002.blocks_desktop_medium

To all of the parents out there thinking about adoption or in the midst of raising a child, this is for you.

More than 30 years ago, my parents decided to adopt after several unsuccessful attempts to have a third child. I use the loose term “adoptive” parents in that my parents adopted me, but they are just my parents – my real parents, the only ones I have ever known.

In recognition of National Adoption Month, I want to share what my parents did right with my adoption, as well as with navigating the waters of parenthood in general.

Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment