Thursday, August 7, 2014

DRC Adoption “Suspension” Re-Victimizes Orphans

Source: http://childrendeservefamilies.com/drc-adoption-suspension-re-victimizes-orphans/

2014-07-20-17.40.40-1024x768

My heart keeps breaking every day since having to leave my daughter behind

What do you do when your youngest daughter wakes from her nap with terrified shrieks and sobbing?

What I did was run from the next room to pick her up and rock her, and tell her how much I love her.

What I did not do is tell her how I would always be there for her, and that I would never leave her. I couldn’t tell her these things because they’re not true.

Even after a few minutes of closeness, she clung to me so fiercely it felt like she was trying to crawl inside of me. She is terrified of being abandoned. Again.

Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment