Monday, May 12, 2014

There Are No Words.... and it happens every day. Every day.

Source: http://childrendeservefamilies.com/amid-outrageous-demands-bring-sick-children-home-us-state-department-keeps-cool/

Amid Outrageous Demands to Bring Sick Children Home, US State Department Keeps Their Cool

1965046_10100309213281211_241057525_n I am 16 months into a high risk pregnancy.

So I go about my life, doing small things every day to advocate for my child. I am not the newbie who got hysterical one year ago, in a roomful of hopeful parents waiting like me, some waiting much longer. Today, I can’t sit around all the time thinking about the awful reality that my child is trapped in. I have learned that with international adoptions, frustration and powerlessness becomes everyone’s new normal.

But sometimes the reality of what we adoptive parents face breaks through.

Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment