by Amanda Mouttaki
· 1/2 ripe Hass avocado
· 1 cup almond milk (I use vanilla flavor and omit other sweetener)
· 1 tsp sugar or other natural sweetener
Note - You can use any type of milk, and can add other fruits to this as well - apples and bananas are common. If you opt not to use almond milk - add almond extract or fine crushed almonds (this is how they do it in Morocco). The taste is meant to include almonds.
· Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
· Slide the avocado fruit from the skin and place into a blender.
· Add the milk and sugar and blend until there are no pieces of avocado remaining.
· It is very important that the avocado is ripe or else it won't blend well. The consistency should be thick but smooth. You can add more milk if you prefer a thinner smoothie.
Photo Credit: Amanda Mouttaki